Christmas is two weeks away. I planned to have my annual gift guide up much earlier but it did not work out. Without further ado, here are the books and music items I recommend you get the bibliophiles and cineophiles in your life.
- P!nk’s Beautiful Trauma Emotional, raw, and vulnerable with P!nk’s signature belt-like vocals
- Love and Gelato: A fun YA centered around a girl who just lost her mom ventures to Italy to meet her father and learns that Italy is a romantic place and their gelato is one of a kind.
- Out of the Dark by Mandisa Did you just go through a dark period where you weren’t sure if the light would trickle in ever again? Are you currently in one? Listening to this will shine a light so bright in whatever darkness or trial you are facing that you will live to see another day.
- Meaning of Life by Kelly Clarkson: Emotional but dancy Clarkson came back strong with this one.
- #MusicMonday: Panic At The Disco’s Pray For The Wicked will take you to the church of rock and roll
- #GivingTuesdaySeries: Why I Chose The Christina Grimmie Foundation From Socks that benefit the Christina Grimmie Foundation, beach towels, and leggings, it’s pretty clear you should always espresso yourself and rock your socks off! with each and every moment you have.
- #MusicMonday: Happiness Begins 2019 saw the return of The Jonas Brothers. Rock out to their comeback album like they haven’t been gone for 10 years.
- Your Heart is The Sea by Nikita Gill Since this was released, she has come out with a new one but this one was helpful in the healing, realizing, and processing part of coming out a traumatic experience or experiences.
- Loved Mars, Hated The Food by Willie Handler Satire is a genre I never thought I was a fan of until I read both of Willie’s works. This year he released this second novel about a Toms River, NJ chef who gets stuck on Mars. It is equal parts funny and delicious.
- Mania by Fall Out Boy: Their seventh studio album doesn’t have one bad song on it. Despite much criticism for the new sound, they still rock n roll like legends.
- After Laughter by Paramore: Released in 2017 but since I’ve always been a fan I listened to this new work from the alternative rock band as they welcomed back their bassist and lead singer Hayley used this album to tell the story of her battle with depression.
- What You See Is What You Get by Luke Combs Following the success of his debut album, Combs releases the second that is a definite country music banger from start to finish. You witness the maturing of Combs’s sound and lyrics as he celebrates his recent engagement and winning a CMA this year for Beautiful, Crazy.
- Albert The Albatross by Oscar Redden IV A children’s book that teaches the importance of a good attitude. Beautiful colorful illustrations accompany Albert’s journey as he shares wisdom with the young and the old.
- #GivingTuesdaySeries: Why I Chose Project Semicolon (New Merch Product Reveal) #EndTheStigma: Recently released on December 3 2019, this backpack 100% supports Project Semicolon, a charity that benefits people who struggle with mental health issues especially suicide prevention.
There you have it, another year in books and music. If I missed your favorite, share it in the comments below. As always you are welcome to find gift suggestions in both my merch shop and support any of my lovely affiliates.
Here is 2020 being the year you choose to ESPRESSO YOURSELF!
and Merry Christmas!